This board is really freakin cool. It no only has a SoC chip that is essentially a UART to WiFi, it’s microprocessor is also programmable and has a PWM pin as well. On Arduino day, it was announced that the Arduino IDE now supports the ESP2866 making things a lot easier.
- Article on the ESP2866: makezine.com/2015/04/01/esp8266-5-microc…
- ESP2866 Forums: http://www.esp8266.com/viewforum.php?f=25
- ESP2866 Arduino Source code: https://github.com/esp8266/arduino
- ESP2866 Breakout Boards: http://www.esp8266.com/wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266-module-family
- ESP2866 on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251690993989?lpid=82&chn=ps
- Seeed studio ESP2866 Module: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/WiFi-Serial-Transceiver-Module-w-ESP8266-p-1994.html